Question about arming

Thank you very much!
The servo outputs do not change when I wave the pixhawk around.

@Wyk I am sorry for the delay in my response. I can confirm that the master branch functions correctly, which leads me to believe the issue is something to do with your parameters.

I notice now that your trims are off for some channels. Please set the following for RC1-8 parameters

MAX = 1900

MIN = 1100

TRIM = 1500

Edit, sorry, I see that you already tried this. I feel like you may have missed one of the TRIM parameters (RC6) when you tried. Please just confirm what the behavior is when you are certain RC1-8 have these values.

Thank you~ Yes, I have tried this. I am sure that I change to MAX = 1900, MIN = 1100, TRIM = 1500 for RC 1-8, but motors start to run when armed at MANUAL mode(even without joystick connection.)
A little question, why my motors start to make sound today once I connect the bluerov to the battery?

WYK,

It is odd that the motors start in manual mode, especially if you don’t have a joystick connected. Do you have the “virtual joystick” turned on in QGC? I would try turning that off from the main settings menu.

What sounds do the motors make when you connect them to the battery?

-Rusty

@WYK I was mistaken in my advising you to set all trims to 1500. I was unaware that RC3 trim should be trimmed at 1000 instead of 1500 like the rest of the values. This has to do with the fact that the throttle channel is treated differently than the rest in ArduSub.

The trims used to be set through a joystick calibration process which was recently removed.

The good news is that you have uncovered an issue that we can fix now, so setup should be easier for everyone.

To clarify: RCX_TRIM should be 1500 for all but RC3, which should be 1000 in the current build. This will may change in subsequent builds.

Also, thanks to Rusty for finding the source of this issue.

-Jacob

Thank you! Good to know that it is right to set trim value of channel 3 to 1000 for now. So I think this problem is solved.
And, the sound (“DI”) is short and is made by the motors(maybe by escs) once per second. The sound appeared yesterday. Is that because of a connection loss to the pixhawk? My pixhawk may have some problems. Because when I send message to the pixhawk, there is no message that responds. It shows like “link timeout, no heartbeat in 5 seconds” or “Wait for the heartbeat.” Now I even cannot connect the pixhawk to the QGC. I’ve replaced the usb connection cables in case I have a bad one. I’ve tried to use FTDI to avoid direct usb connection. So far nothing works.

Ok, now I find that it is pixhawk’s problem, because when I change another pixhawk, everything goes well.

Thank you all for helping me with my problem! @TCIII @Jacob @Rusty