Problem with uploading code to APM 2.6

Hi im kind of a newbie to the whole configuring of the Raspberry and using shell.

Anyway im setting up the ROV APM with the setup guide:

git clone -b br-ros-rov https://github.com/bluerobotics/ardupilot.git
<span class="pl-c1">cd</span> ardupilot/APMrover2
make configure
<span class="pl-c"># gedit ../config.mk&</span>
<span class="pl-c"># sudo apt-get install gawk</span>
make
make upload

But when i type “make” i get the error:

../mk/find_arduino.mk:45:***ERROR: cannot find arduino on this system, please specify on
the commandline with ARDUINO=<path> or on the config.mk file. stop.

then i edit the Arduino=<path> in

/home/ubuntu/arduino/config.mk and edit ARDUINO = /dev/bus/usb/001/004

which is the usb port my arduino is connected to

Then i tried typing “make” again but got a new error:

../mk/board_avr.mk:72:*** ERROR: hardware directory for arduino not found. stop.

Thanks in advance for any help :slight_smile:

You need to install arduino on the system.

The path in config.mk is supposed to point to where you have arduino installed, not the port that your apm is plugged into.

Revert your config.mk file to it’s original state.

run sudo apt-get install arduino

then try to make again.

apt-get should install in the default location, so make will work without modifying the line Arduino= in config.mk.

Thanks alot, that made it work! next step it is then :slight_smile:

@Jacob I have installed the ArduPilot-Arduino-1.0.3-windows ,and specified the ARDUINO=C/ArduPilot-Arduino-1.0.3-windows where it located but still got the same trouble,

/mk/find_arduino.mk:45:***ERROR:

. Can you help me out?

@Jacob px4 console based on windows10

Wow, interesting setup :slight_smile: . I haven’t uploaded using either arduino or windows. There are some other threads on this forum where I give some details on how to upload to apm. I use make from the command line. The code was an experiment, and I really suggest upgrading to the newest version of ArduSub: http://ardusub.com/.

I will update the readme on my ardupilot-rov fork to indicate that it is deprecated, was experimental, and I will not be providing further updates. If you are determined to make it work, try the discussion here: Problem with running BlueROV - #5 by jwalser

And let me know if you still have issues.

-Jacob

Thanks very much, I’d like to try it out first and to inform you if it works.