Pitch/Roll drift

Hi Will,
For some reason I can’t see it using BlueOS. Any chance you can put a link to the file? Thanks.

Navigator one is here.

1 Like

Do 4.1.1 update solves this issue?

Hi @Jan_Silvino -
Ardusub 4.1.1 does correct the pitch/roll drift issue.

1 Like

Yes, no issues since :+1:

Anthony, we updated our two vectored Bluerov2 R4 white ArduSub 4.1.1.
Unfortunately, there is still a pitch problem when trying to move forward, or backwards, in Depth Hold mode.
In either direction the vehicle pitches up abruptly and the following error appears:
EKF3 IMU0 MAG0 ground mag anomaly, yaw re-aligned
Any advice on how to proceed to correct this issue?

1 Like

Hi Jan -
I assume you’re running BlueOS v1.1.1?
Is the BlueROV2 you’re testing with a 6 thruster standard or 8 thruster heavy configuration?
Is a payload skid fitted?
Have you confirmed all thrusters are running nominally?
A video or log files (.bin from Ardusub (log viewer) and BlueOS logs (bottom left, gear icon, in BlueOS) would be helpful in understanding the issue.

Hi Anthony!
Yes, we are running BlueOS v1.1.1 and ArduPilot v4.1.1.
It is a 6 thruster, with no payload, and all the thrusters are running nominally.
In Manual Mode it performs perfectly, it’s just in Depth Hold that the problems arise.
00000029.BIN (3.4 MB)

Hi Jan -
Thanks for the autopilot logs. Can you share the BlueOS logs as well? You can find them here as mentioned, it will be a system_logs.zip file.

I am having the same issue on a 6 thruster standard BR2. Navigator board, BlueOS 1.1.1 ardusub 4.1.1. When I tried to restore default firmware it went to 4.1 beta. The issue was still there but not as bad. With ardusub 4.1.1 I had issue with stabilise and depth hold. With 4.1 beta just depth hold.
The problem appears to be feedback, in that the amplitude of the error gets larger not smaller. Not sure which parameter to adjust.