Overheating issue BlueOS

Hello, I am having some overheating issues with my Bluerov2.

To avoid frame losses in QGC, I have used the bash script to get the transfer stream instead of using the Video Stream setup.

I have also created a service that automatically turns on the UDP stream when the Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB RAM) is turned on.

After adding these two, I am facing an overheating issue.

The comments related to the bash script are mentioned below.

Gopro:
gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=8554 ! queue ! tsdemux ! h264parse ! queue ! rtph264pay config-interval=1 pt=96 mtu=1200 ! queue ! rtpjitterbuffer ! udpsink host=192.168.2.1 port=5600 buffer-size=2000000

USB Cam:
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video2 --set-fmt-video=width=1280,height=720,pixelformat=H264
ffmpeg -re -i /dev/video2 -c:v h264 -preset ultrafast -tune zerolatency -f rtp udp://192.168.2.1:5601

Could you please provide me with some guidance on how to manage and resolve the issue at hand?

I believe that the issue is occurring due to the service that is being used to create it.

I am still facing overheating issues even after changed to a 2GB RAM Raspberry PI. This time, I did not even create any streaming services or bash script, only turned on BlueOS. The temperature was around 43 degrees Celsius at the time of starting up, but it kept increasing with time. Could it be possible that the enclosure is causing this issue?

Hi @Sakthivelj -
Are you seeing overheating with the ROV enclosure closed up, sitting in air? This is expected, as the air does not provide sufficient cooling. If the ROV is immersed in water and still overheating, that is a much different situation!
Additionally, I would not expect the system to have issues until the CPU temp approached 80c…

1 Like

Thanks @tony-white. Okay, I will check the temperature of the ROV while it’s in the water.