No Telemetry After Updating Pixhawk firmware to v4.0.1

Hi Jacob,
We’re trying to get our BlueROV2 Heavy updated to the newest firmware but when we do, we lose telemetry. Video still displays correctly so I don’t think its a network or RPi issue. I have several Pixhawks and tried tried updating the firmware on a couple more and as soon as I update, I lose telemetry. I went through the troubleshooting guide and everything checked out as it should. After updating, even when wedirectly connecting the Pixhawk to the topside computer we cannot get telemetry even though we can confirm that the USB shows a connection. We also confirmed we have a good USB cable.

We are using the latest stable version of QGC running on a Ubuntu linux topside station (latest Ubuntu). We updated the Pixhawk firmware through QGC.

Please help us fix this?

1 Like

Please update companion, and make sure you are using the latest version (0.0.20).

Hi Jacob,
I confirmed that the companion software has the latest version 0.0.20 and was there prior to running the update… What else can I do?

Hi,

we have the same problem. We have tried two Pixhawk. We have to update through the web system page and directly through usb and QGC. We only managed to retrieve the older version. We had updated QGC and companion without any error message.

Any idea?

BR,
nikos

Hi,

I upload some photos for the problem:
br2_01 / br2_02 → (first try) updating using the page 192.168.2.2:2770/system
br2_03 → (second try) updating using QGC and direct USB connection between Pixhawk and laptop
br2_04 / br2_05 → the final result…

Any idea?

BR,
nikos

1 Like

kind remind!

Hi!

If you have no telemetry when connected via direct USB connection to QGC, we can discard the companion as the failure point.

Can you try booting the Pixhawk without it’s SD card (it should work fine in 4.0) and also after formatting it’s SD card?

@williangalvani,

thank you for your answer. The situation is exactly the opposite: when I connect Pixhawk using USB I have telemetry and connection with QGC. The problem is when I try to connect using the companion computer!

I will try to update the companion computer again…

Nikos

Hi @nmau,

Try resetting the mavproxy parameters to their defaults at http://192.168.2.2:2770/mavproxy

@williangalvani,

it worked! Thank you! May you explain why I should resetting the mavproxy parameters?

BR,
nikos

The USB identifier in Ardusub 4.0 has changed and that was handled in companion a few versions ago, but we avoid changing the users parameters when updating so nothing breaks in custom setups.
I put up an issue to update our docs troubleshooting section.

Just saw this, I will try this tomorrow. Hopefully I have the same result as @nmau

That worked for me too! Thanks

1 Like

I am sorry, I do not use blueROV2 and ArduSub. but I’m facing the same problem, I’ve updated the PX4 firmware and the telemtry is not connecting to the Pixhawk.
What do you mean when you say “Try resetting the mavproxy parameters to their defaults at http://192.168.2.2:2770/mavproxy”?

I got the answer here updating firmware