No module named v20.ardupilotmega

Does this mean you managed to resolve your issue, and what remains is just confusion as to why that solution was necessary?

Haha, ok, you are in fact using our previous “Companion software” then (which is no longer being developed), not the new BlueOS. I’ve changed the topic back, and the points in my previous comment do not apply.

I’m not sure if there are any outside of the README of the repository. From a quick look, the upstream repository does seem to have a more extensive README, but I’m unsure whether the additions are documentation of functionality that is present in both, or documentation of new features that are not currently in the repository BlueOS is using.

I believe we’re currently looking at changing to something else, because we’re wanting better performance and some additional features than it provides, even though it’s already quite a bit more performant (and less CPU-heavy) than mavproxy.

We do not yet have introductory developer documentation for BlueOS, which is partly because we’re in the process of creating an extensions system that will mean most external development will be in separate containers rather than BlueOS core. You can learn about docker itself on the official website, but we will also be making some high level overview documentation about how docker and containerisation are related to and used in BlueOS, as well as some example extensions.

red-pill is a shell script in BlueOS that allows a terminal user to drop from inside the core docker container into the underlying operating system, which is the home of persistent file storage (for logs and the like), and lower level functionality (enabling features like restarting the core container without having to restart the Raspberry Pi itself).

The name is a reference to The Matrix, where the main character can choose to take a blue pill to stay in the controlled dream land of the matrix (our core Docker container), or take the red pill to be pulled out of the matrix and get to see the real world for what it is.