New Underwater Servos from Blue Trail Engineering

Hi all,

I am excited to announce Blue Trail Engineering’s new SER-20XX series of underwater servos which are depth-rated to 200 meters and are optionally available as a low-cost kit.

We currently have three models:

SER-2010, $395: 29.0 kgf-cm of torque with a default travel range of ± 70 degrees. Cobalt 3-pin bulkhead connector included. Sold fully assembled and tested.

SER-2020, $495: 34.0 kgf-cm of torque with a default travel range of ± 230 degrees, but programmable for up to ± 3.5 full turns of rotation with position control or continuous rotation with speed control. Brushless motor and magnetic encoder. Cobalt 3-pin bulkhead connector included. Sold fully assembled and tested.

SER-2000, $215: Low-cost kit option that allows users to select and install their own standard-sized R/C servo inside the enclosure – including PWM, CAN, or serial servos – as well as their choice of either a Cobalt bulkhead connector or an inexpensive penetrator. The SER-2000 is shown below unassembled and then assembled with a Blue Robotics WetLink Penetrator:

Please click here for more information.

Also, we often offer discounts to student groups (such as RoboSub or MATE teams). Please contact me at sales@bluetrailengineering.com for further info.

-Damon McMillan

3 Likes

Hi @damonblue,

Always exciting to see advancements and refinements in underwater technologies, and reasonably priced depth-rated servos are seemingly few and far between.

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice work, @damonblue! These look great. I particularly like the DIY option with the SER-2000. That’s very cool!

1 Like