M200 Advanced Specifications; Torque/RPM/Power curves

Hello -
I was wondering if there was any additional data available beyond what is published under the technical specifications of the M200 brushless motor.

We are using this motor in a research project to test unique propeller designs, for which this data will be useful.
Thanks

Hi @rturrisi,

I’m unsure whether we have any additional characterisation data, so I’ve asked internally. I agree that it seems useful to provide if we can, especially for people using the M200 in custom applications (e.g. not on a BlueBoat).

I’m using this motor on our AUV, and we are characterizing some interesting propellers with this motor and an experimental setup. It is not strictly necessary to have the performance characteristics since we can infer what we need with other transducers, however it may be useful to gain further insight.

Following up on this, I can confirm that we don’t currently have torque / performance data for any of our motors or thrusters beyond what’s provided on our website.

We do have an ongoing project to build a testing apparatus for that, but don’t yet have a date on when the data collection is expected to be complete.

Exciting application - hopefully you gain some useful insights!

If you’re able to share more about them, are they perhaps toroidal propellers, or something in that vein? :slight_smile:

Agreed! If you’re willing to share the data you collect then I’m sure it would be useful to be able to compare with the measurements we make, for everyone involved :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are indeed doing some work with toroidal propellers. I’m using them on the AUV I’m currently working on. You can see the vehicle I’m working on in the video below - everything is powered by hardware from Blue Robotics, Formlabs, and Blue Trail Engineering, and the software suite is running MOOS-IvP for autonomy/as a middleware, and wrapping the navigator library to access hardware. The vehicle will be splashing (within a few days), with more publicly available information will also be released soon.

If you can keep me posted with any more information you obtain on the M200 motors, that would be great. We’ll have all the data we need to retroactively go back and include new data based on what we are capturing during experiments.

1 Like