LX200V30 Power line module

I have not. The price is more than double the LX200V30 and the LX200V30 is more than adequate for any situations I have had to use them in. I would suggest that if you need more than a LX200V30 you should consider fiber.

Has someone connected two LX200V50? Iā€™m having trouble with that ;( I cannot get communicaction with a twisted pair cable

Ok So We bought the LX200v30 and wanted to straight swap them as it looks like a straight swap aside from the physical width. Is it a straight swap? is the pinout different? if itā€™s different has anyone got any information regarding the ā€œupgradeā€? The reason why we are doing it is to squeeze as much speed as we can down the umbilical as we are only get 27mbps. This will be down to the length of tether at 250m but want to keep it long and get a slight speed increase.
any help would be greatful.

Hi @Divertom80,

Iā€™ve moved your post here because itā€™s on the same topic.

From the discussions above Iā€™d assume that itā€™s a plug in replacement, but perhaps @rjehangir or @gwa-gwa could confirm. See Waltā€™s response below.

Note Chrisā€™s point about needing both ends to be using the LX200V30 to see any performance benefits.

The V30 is definitely not a straight swap. It has a totally different pinout and requires an additional power supply compared to the V20.

1 Like

To use the LX200V30, youā€™ll need their evaluation board, which is similar to the Fathom-X. You can find that here:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832651820336.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt

It needs 12V input power I believe!

I agree with @rjehangir, The WisLink PLC LX200V30 evaluation board is the way to go. I have found that it is a lot quicker ordering directly from the RakWireless site. Here is the link to the product.

Input voltage is 6-24V.

I have a model to 3D Print for a standoff: Printables

I have attached documentation below:
WisPLC PRO Quick Start Guide (1).pdf (615.4 KB)
WISPLC_PRO_V30_PCB_20190410.pdf (590.0 KB)
WISPLC_PRO_V30_Schematic_20190410.pdf (92.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi @gwa-gwa did you ever do a speed test of speed with the LX200V30?

Iā€™m interested to know if itā€™s better than the FathomX boards. We have two tethers, one 300m and one 150m, both are giving us max 30mbit/s at the moment.

Iā€™m sure you know but iPerf3 is a more robust test than the built in blueOS bandwidth test.

I have not done a speed test in water. I think the results are very different when measuring speed when tether is on the spool versus fully deployed in salt water.

1 Like

I switched over my interface cards to the V30ā€™s and made up new topside boxes. I ditched the USB ethernet converters and did straight ethernet.

Here are my network speed results from a 300m tether.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a very impressive bandwidth. Good job.

Do you remember what speeds you were getting with fathomx on the same cable?

I was getting around 20 down and 30 up. Usable, but these V30s definitely help and the data stream has been a lot more stable.

I built a set for a client and he is very happy with his setup now.

1 Like