Losing video while connecting PING echosounder

Hello,

I started using our PING echosounder everything was working great for a couple of hours until I lost video and PING data (Pixhawk, lights, thrusters, sensors working great).

I thought it was my Raspberry Pi but when I oppened the ROV i noticed everything was ok. I disconnected the PING echosounder and videofeed came back, connected back again the PING echosounder and I lost video again.

what might be the problem?

It’s possible that the power supply is too weak. The ‘hobbywing ubec’ that we used to power the pi with was just barely able to power the pi, camera and pixhawk, adding in another device could make it fail. We have upgraded our power supplies recently.

Hi Jacob,

That might be the thing. I´ll upgrade it and will let you know the results.

Hi Luis,

I am having the same issue. No more video after only half an hour dive with the echosounder.
I have used the new 5V 6A Power supply from the beginning so this cannot be the problem.
The Pixhawk works fine, lights, thrusters, everything is fine and when I go back home and connect the rov again, I have video again.
Can you help me? Thanks

We had a similar problem when we have connected our laptop (Thinkpad T450s) to two additional screens and were displaying Ping data on one of them. Our laptop just couldn’t handle two screens and we had huge control delays and jumpy video. Disconnecting one of the screens or turning of the Ping app helped to solve the problem.

This might or might not help you solve your problem, but we believe it is worth of mentioning.