BlueROV2 camera loosing video (black screen) during tilting

BlueROV2 original camera loses video (black screen) during tilting of the camera. When the video is back the camera is tilted to the required position.

Has anybody has some similar issues?

1 Like

Hi Sime
Hopefully just a loose connection, the camera pulls on the wire slightly when moving.
Ours did this recently and was a loose wire, I dislodged a USB from the pi today luckily in the test tank and lost coms completely, I’m thinking some hot glue may be required in some areas depending on the usage of the ROV

Hello, I have similar problem like Jørgen. When I tilt camera up/down, it loose signal. “waiting for video”. Camera can still tilt when its gone. It comes back in a few seconds. I run Qgc v4.0.5, companion 0.0.31 and ardusub 4.1.2. Thanks

Hi @beginner-n,

Your issue seems more related to this issue than the one you posted in, so I’ve moved your comment here.

As @murf suggested above you might have a loose connection in the wires between the camera and the Raspberry Pi.

If your ROV is quite old then it’s possible you have an insufficient 5V power supply - we recommend using a 5V 6A supply, especially if you have additional 5V components connected (like a Ping Sonar).

The problem you’ve described is almost certainly unrelated to software, but just to inform you we do have more recent recommended software versions that you might like to try, and our old Companion Software is no longer being maintained or supported (its successor is BlueOS).