Installing Libbot on companion

Hello,

I am using components of the BlueROV2 to construct a custom AUV. I’ve had some success installing other commonly used robotics libraries, like lcm, We are now trying to install a program called Libbot onto the companion Raspberry pi and are having some issues as the following list of dependencies.

It seems that many of the Dependencies, specifically GTK 2.0+, don’t work with the version of Debian on companion. Has anyone else had any success in downloading Libbot onto the companion Raspberry Pi?

Hi, the raspbian image that companion is based on is very old, and we have stopped development on the current companion project. We are working on an overhaul that should be released in beta soon.

In the meantime, your best bet might be to build/install libbot from source.

1 Like

I have also same issue but can’t find solution if anyone have suggestion for this so please reply.

Hi @Christian633, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’m not familiar with libbot, but Jacob’s comments from above still apply. The Companion Beta that he mentioned is now available to try out, if that’s of interest. The current beta images are all released on Raspberry Pi OS Buster, so there should be far fewer dependency issues than on the old Companion (which is on Jessie), but as beta software it’s not yet recommended for production/work environments, and many features are still in development and/or aren’t yet well-documented.