Having an issue with Firmware

Alen, has that motor ever spun at any point since you’ve had the ROV? Can you please go to Widgets->Mavlink and expand the SERVO_OUTPUT_RAW field, the values of servos 1-6 should be 1500 when disarmed, and should change when you move the joysticks around when armed. Looking at these values will determine if this is a software or hardware issue.

It has definitely worked before.
And now when I opened that mav inspector the values for all motors change as the sticks are moved. For some reason the motor is spinning now, but only in the direction that would push the vehicle forward, it won’t spin the opposite way when I reverse the sticks. I haven’t changed anything since the last post, hardware or software wise, so no idea why it’s now spinning at all.

Alen, can you please tell me the range (min/max) of values you see in the servo output field for servos 3 and 4 when you are commanding forward and reverse?

I’m on a bussiness trip whole day today so I can’t check exact numbers, but I remember they moved in pairs every time, even when the motor didn’t spin. Depending on the direction if one moved 100, the other one moved 100 as well.
I also reduced gain to 25% for testing out of water.
I’ll be able to give you exact numbers tomorrow.
One thing comes to mind, is it possible that the motor was overtightened when I was changing the direction?
As always, really appreciate the help

Ok, back at the office now, all connected. The min/max values are 1567/1433 for servos 3 and 4, with 25% gain. With 100% gain the numbers go up/down to 1768/1232 for both servos. Motor 4 still only spinning one way, even on max throttle and 100% gain.
And now I’m getting spammed with no IO thread heartbeat on top of that (didn’t happen before)

Update 3:30PM
Opened the motor cover, housing, whatever it is, the black part, just to realize that one hasn’t been changed to the different direction one. Ruled that out.
Re-checked the wiring, everything is still ok.
Then I tried changing the motor direction in the parameters → mot, and it still only ever spins in that one direction, corresponding to the stick input. If the direction is reversed in the program it just spins when I pull the stick the other way.
Could it be a faulty part? I’m running out of ideas to try…

If anyone knows anything else I can try, I’m open to any suggestions. Thank you

Edit as reply to last post, since the forums won’t let me reply.

So I switched the blue and green wires, on first arm it didn’t spin at all, then on the second one it started spinning, indeed in the opposite direction from before, and only in that one.
Meaning bad ESC?
Also still getting spammed with no IO thread heartbeat. I know it’s usually the SD card in pixhawk, but I just freshy formatted it 2 days ago and put the new firmware on it.

Ok, this sounds like a problem with the ESC. To make sure, can you switch positions of any two wires from that thruster in the terminal blocks. The motor should now spin the opposite way, but still only in one direction.