Followed divers on shipwreck

First dive with the rov, in the Baltic Sea on a wreck SS Ingrid Horn 25-30 m depth.
I had some problem with communication lost during the dive. Have to figure out why.

Regards Niklas, Sweden

Movie
Dive on wreck with divers

7 Likes

Hi Niklas,

Thanks for sharing these photos! They are amazing :heart_eyes: Would you mind if we shared on our socials?

Great shots and video Niklas!
Those outrigger video lights look great!
Question: Do they retract somehow?

Hello Elisa,
Yes it was a nice first test of the rov.
You can share on social media if you write my name @dykcharter and photografer @alexdawson

Regards /Niklas

Hello,
Yes normally I use them when I dive and film underwater.
The arms have ball joints and can be folded together.

2 Likes

My outriggers are mounted lengthwise along the top sides and swing out via servo. I put 624 lumen lights on the ends on a pivot, two servos on the ROV pull bicycle shift cables that run along the outriggers to pan/tilt the lights as the camera pans/tilts. That way the lights are really far away to minimize backscatter and they never blind the camera, as they are always pointing where the camera is pointing. I coated the led’s with epoxy resin for waterproofing without a case.

Nice shots!
We had a communication problem as well. If you are using 300m tether alongside FXTI topside interface, it could be that usb is not providing high enough voltage. The solution is to provide direct 5V power supply to the Fathom board from the 220/5V adapter.

EDIT: Just seen that this is the old topic, I hope you have found solution by now:sweat_smile: