ESC Timing Settings

I am using two t200 thrusters with 2 hobbyking 50amp ESCs at 6s. Unfortunately I have a large number of 6s high capacity lipos from other electric vehicle projects and no 4s batteries. I am able to program the timing advance on the ESC with any value between 0 and 25 degrees. Is there any information on what setting would be best? I imagine I want to go as low as possible to produce as little heat as possible and to try to keep the rpms down. Any advice?

Hi Randy,

The firmware on our BasicESC has the timing set to 15°, this is probably a good place to start. However, if you will be running the T200s at 6S voltage, it might be a good idea to decrease this a bit to bring the heat down as you say. I haven’t done any experiemnting with different timing, but it makes snese to me a lower timing might be best at that voltage. Running the T200s at 6S will decrease their lifespan a bit, but it should be alright. If you can, I would also recommend programming in as much of a “soft start as possible”, either directly in the ESC or in your control software.

-Adam