Drive a BLUEROV2 Heavy on the Great Barrier Reef right now using your web browser

Hello Everyone!

We have spent the past year during lockdowns creating a website that enables you to control a modified BLUEROV2 Heavy on the Great Barrier Reef.

It is super affordable and highly addictive - you can drive an ROV right now for as little as $10.

The website is:
www.teleport.fish

The ROVs have a basic obstacle avoidance system that stops users from crashing into the coral reef and our support vessel is completely solar-powered - giving the user an eco-friendly robotic adventure.

The ROVs are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and are serviced once per week.

Private bookings and school education programs are available by email request.

We are very happy with the reliability of the whole system, we just need users to start buying credits to cover all those expenses!

Happy Diving!

7 Likes

This is an awesome idea!

I’ll definitely have to have a go soon. Also useful as something I can share to family and friends who don’t really know what an ROV is or does :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations - that’s fantastic. I hope the venture goes well for you.
I’ll check it out - it might be able to direct potential buyers to the site so they can get a sample of what the vehicle is capable of.

1 Like

Is it down right now?

1 Like

That would be awesome! Thanks Mate!

The robot is online. At night when no user has connected the lights turn off and the live stream is black.

Hi Adam

Congratulations. A fantastic idea just waiting for the right person to come along. I had been wondering since the international border closures whether it might be a way for people to experience remote marine environments which they can no longer get to. It has enormous potential for VR tourism as such. Well done! John

2 Likes

Indeed. I wonder how much extra work it would be to make this work with a VR headset - possibly using a fisheye lens or something on the camera…