First of all, my intention is not to accuse bluerobotics but today we had major S*IT/FIRE at our working site and still not sure is this our mistake.
For few weeks we are working on inspection of sewer outfalls and making same daily routine:
- Check/vacuum test
- Make asset inspection (mission)
- After mission clean in fresh water / dry
- Check again
Everything worked fine until today.
2 minutes after dive (depth 1,5 m) we had picture lost for a second and sudden voltage drop on full battery. Immediately we started dive out and found out that 4" enclosure is full of smoke. Quickly unscrewed battery vent and unplugged battery. After opening 4" enclosure smoke and salt water came out.
At first I thought that yesterday we didn’t properly closed vent after pressure test.
When we came back to office we preformed new pressure test (Still at that moment I was sure that leakage is caused by not properly closed vent plug). Immediately we heard air at dome end cap and when we looked more closely to see cracks around the dome. We found leaking spot at position 8 on the picture bellow.
We were surprised by the number of cracks around the dome so at that moment we thought that maybe we hit something with bluerov2 while there was no image transition.
Luckily today we preformed inspection with add on cameras so we check footage and found out that we didn’t hit anything.
NOTICE: Have to say that we have special car/vehicle for transporting Bluerov2 so surely we didn’t damage it in transport and are always cautious when handling Bluerov2.
Later we found this topic CLICK TO LINK with same problem so this can be production error.
Considering all of this we are warning BlueROV community to check their ROV so they can prevent damage. Now we have to buy new BlueROV2 Enclosure for $1.200 and new thruster (if we are lucky just one).
Please product support to respond to this issue so further damage can be avoided.