Detailed Setup process

Everyone needs to start somewhere - if our information isn’t sufficiently accessible or available then it’s fair enough for you to ask about it :slight_smile:

If you haven’t already done so, you may find it helpful to read the globally-pinned post on How to Use the Blue Robotics Forums - particularly the section on searching resources (which should help you to understand where to look for particular types of content / resources).

If I’m understanding you correctly, you’re most likely after the various BlueROV2 guides on our website, along with some of the other guides for understanding how to assemble, attach, and operate particular pieces of equipment :slight_smile:

You’ll also find that every product page has a “Guides” section towards the bottom, with quick start information as well as links to relevant guides to that particular product.

If I’ve misunderstood and you’re actually after something else, please let me know!

All our equipment and software is designed to be powerful and enabling, while also being easy to start using. On top of that, most of it is also designed to be readily modifiable and/or expandable, which is often the branching point or source for some of the more advanced/complex topics that may come up/be discussed on the forum.

The aim is also for our documentation to be clear and comprehensive (which we’re actively working on improving all the time), so if something isn’t clear or seems too complicated for you to understand when starting out then that’s great feedback that we need to provide better clarification :slight_smile:

You definitely shouldn’t need a degree (of any sort) to be able to assemble and operate one of our ROVs, although understandably if you decide to also design and make your own extensions or modifications that will require a deeper understanding of electronics/software/mechanics, depending on what’s being made :slight_smile:

When you’re operating the vehicle you mostly shouldn’t need to think about the Pixhawk. It can be useful to know what it is and what it does, but that’s mostly helpful if something goes wrong, and/or if you’re wanting/working to add your own extensions :slight_smile: