Connect to QGC on surface computer via RPi and control with PS4 controller

Hi, I want to control my vehicle with PS4 controller. I am using RPi 3B as companion computer. I am using Pixhawk 2.4.8 as control board.
The RPi 3B is connected to my surface computer via ethernet. I’m connecting the PS4 controller to the computer wireless.
I have a few questions.

1. I couldn’t install QGC for Raspberry Pi. Is it possible for me to connect to the QGC on my surface computer via RPi? How can I do that?
  2. How do I receive commands from a PS4 controller wirelessly connected to my surface computer and send them to Pixhawk?
    I will be grateful if you could help me. i am new to this.

Hi @yasemin0, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Note that the Pixhawk 2.4.8 may not run as well as our recommended autopilot boards.

QGC is ground control software, and is not intended to run on the vehicle. I’d recommend following our software setup guide to configure your topside computer so that it can connect to the Raspberry Pi, which then acts as a communication bridge to the autopilot.

Wireless use of a PS4 controller is currently not actively supported, but I’m unsure what the limitations are (if QGC is able to detect it then it may have an unexpected button configuration, or could be missing some button functions or something, but might still be generally usable).

Assuming it’s able to detect your controller, QGC should handle sending the relevant commands to the vehicle, depending on how you’ve configured the joystick functions :slight_smile: