Compiling firmware Navigator Cygwin64 could not configure a C++ compiler!

Hi, Having issues with compiling firmware for custom frame configuration. Ive achieved this in the past without too many issues, but having issues now.

I’m using Cygwin64 and have utilized the environment setup scripts etc. but whatever I try I continue to get the following error:

Checking for 'g++' (C++ compiler)
find program=['arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++', 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-c++'] paths=['/usr/local/bin', '/usr/bin', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/iCLS Client', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/iCLS Client', '/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32', '/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS', '/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem', '/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x86', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/OpenCL SDK/2.0/bin/x64', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/DAL', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Intel/Intel(R) Management Engine Components/IPT', '/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/OpenSSH', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files/NVIDIA Corporation/NVIDIA NvDLISR', '/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32', '/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS', '/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/Wbem', '/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0', '/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/System32/OpenSSH', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/MAVProxy', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/MAVProxy', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/MAVProxy', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/MAVProxy', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/MAVProxy', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files/dotnet', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/MAVProxy', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/MAVProxy', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/MAVProxy', '/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Arm GNU Toolchain arm-none-eabi/12.2 rel1/bin', '/cygdrive/c/Users/Matt/AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps'] var='CXX' -> None
from /home/Matt/ardupilot: Could not find the program ['arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++', 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-c++']
not found
from /home/Matt/ardupilot: could not configure a C++ compiler!

I’ve tried multiple PC’s, environment setups both the script and following the setup manually, but no success. I have also tried the WSL approach with similar results. I’ve manually install arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ and ticked the options for modify registry and PATH but no success there either.

Help will be appreciated!

Hi @Matt1,

This may be helpful:

Toolchain source

Thanks Eliot, I’ll give that a try. Also what the best way to clone or download 4.1.1beta3? Ive cloned the latest stable release at present to make my frame changes to but would like the relay switch support that I believe 4.1.1beta3 supports. Cheers Matt

You can get to the 4.1.1-beta3 source by just checking out the Sub-4.1 branch from in a clone of the ArduPilot repository (git checkout Sub-4.1). Don’t forget to update the submodules afterwards, and you may also need to install the prereqs again to make sure you’re on the right ones.