Companion Update problem 0.0.18

Hi!
Like earlier versions of Companion, updating sw to 0.0.18 the automatic update do not work.
So I downloaded an image from earlier thread: https://discuss.bluerobotics.com/t/ping360-connection-problem/6113/8

After uploading to Companion there is error message “Archive does not look like a companion update!”
After rebooting Companion still is v 0.0.17
Expanding the file from the link above makes an image named “0.0.17.img” !!

So two qusetions:
Where is a link to the image of 0.0.18?
Why is the file in the link corrupt, if I want to go back to 0.0.17?

/Bo

Like earlier versions of Companion, updating sw to 0.0.18 the automatic update do not work.

What is your issue? Can you download a system log? If you have not made any personal modifications to the Pi from the command line, then it should work perfect.

Where is a link to the image of 0.0.18?

I just created an image yesterday: https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.bluerobotics.com/Pi/0.0.18/0.0.18.img.zip

Why is the file in the link corrupt, if I want to go back to 0.0.17?

The link in the file is an sd card image file for 0.0.17. You will need to write the image to the sd card, not uploading with the webui.

1 Like

Thanks, all the links were taking me to 0.0.17 this is the first fix!

Hi Jacob, thanks for image 0.0.18.
That made my Ping360 work fine.
Very nice work with the UI and plug&play functions in Pingviewer!
More about Ping360 in separate thread

About Companion automatic update in my system that still not work after 0.0.18
Reason this is useful is partly that acess Raspberry SD card is not easy, partly that aluminium tube generation 1 is difficult to open/close.

There is unsolved case with logs in old thread.
Companion image/version has always bin BR standard.
Update did work in version like 0.0.15 or so
Network and internet access has always been tested with other stuff like computers to check the ISP line.
Old tests from different networks and setting:
From january case

From recent tests I have logs from iPhone network sharing only, version 0.0.17 and 0.0.18
This also tested anr working with other clients then Raspberry/Companinon
Now UI indicate network access, but no internet. (Tested and working with other clients)
Bo0_0_18_iPhone_webui.log (40.8 KB) 0_0_17iPhone_webui.log (508.6 KB)