BR2 Run on 18Vdc (5S Battery) or even 22Vdc (6S Battery Nominal Voltage)

Wondering if there would be performance advantages to run BR2 at higher voltage. If so is there any negative consequences to the Thrusters or any other components. Anyone out there try this?

Hi @dtrail,

The BlueROV2 was designed and is intended to be run at 4S (max 16.8 V only). That being said, everything on board can handle 5S voltage, and in fact everything should be good for up to 6S voltage except for the thrusters, which are rated to run at 20 V max. If you run at higher voltage without attenuating gain, everything will be run harder, hotter, and less efficiently. Its possible the current ratings of certain components may be exceeded, and excessive heating or even melting may result. Thrust and overall speed will be increased at full gain.

The bottom line is running beyond 4S is not recommended, but should not immediately damage anything unless running hard at full gain.

-Adam

1 Like

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the information on voltage and thruster performance.

I just received some analog cameras and fathom S boards to operate and have a couple quesitons.

1. To run camera only through Fathom boards which wires need to be connected between boards for video signal / gnd?

2. On bottom board if I dirct power to battery, how to I do the jumper?

3. Do you have a reference dimension to install the camera at proper distance for 3" dome?

Thanks,

Doug

WT Industries, LLc

Houston, Texas

832-731-7098

Hi Adam,

Finally found schematic on camera / fathom boards to sort out. Anyway would be helpful to get some kind of reference dimension to position camera lens relative to 3" dome radius.

Thanks,

Doug Trail

WT Industries, LLc

Houston, Texas

832-731-7098