We are in Laboratory I3S in France. We aim to develop new control algorithms for AUV for problem of pipeline following using camera. For that purpose, we are building an experimental platform based on kit BlueROV.
Avoiding problems relating to tax when shipping from the US, we have purchased a kit BlueROV and other components via syera.fr (an authorized distributor of Bluerobotics in France). In addition, syera also helps us to purchase some components from bluerobotics.com (that are currently not available in its website).
- Thanks to detail documents and videos from bluerobotics, we feel not complicating for assembling.
- There is a doubt about the marine epoxy. As recommended by bluerobotics, it is Locite Marine Epoxy. However, it can be shipped only in the US. In France, we find in Amazone.fr J-B Marine Weld Colle époxy. Is there anyone has experience with this epoxy? Is it “good” like the Locite?
- Mainboard: ODROID-XU4, in the ROV
- Memory card: eMMC module XU4 Linux
- Camera: oCam
- ESC: Basic ESC (included in kit BlueROV), driven by Pixhawk
- Tether: Fathom Tether from bluerobotics
- Depth sensor: Bar30 High-Resolution 300m Depth/Pressure Sensor
- Batteries: Multistar LiHV 4S 16000mAh
- Power distribution board: HK Pilot Power VI module
- Light: Lumen Subsea Light for ROV/AUV
- IMU: included inside Pixhawk
- Temperature sensor: included inside Pixhawk