BlueOS 1.0 BETA testing

Hello @patrickelectric . So an update to my situation is that I have double checked through QGC that both cameras are hooked up and streaming, both cameras work through their port when changing the port on QGC. My computer has an IP address of 192.168.2.1 and the companion has IP address of 192.168.2.2. I then without changing anything else, tried the sdp file using the IP address you recommended of 0.0.0.0. I am hoping that is what you were trying to recommend doing, if not let me know if I am not setting something up right.

Hi @Jnyberg,

I would recommend to reinstall, update or install a new version of VLC, it should work without problems if QGC is working to receive both video streams.

1 Like

I see that the latest release is 1.0.0.beta9.
Is it created a image file for this one, or any of the other versions after beta5?

@patrickelectric that worked thank you. I had newest version but deleted and reinstalled VLC like you said and it did the trick. Got both cameras to work so thank you so much. There is a significant delay on the second camera connected to VLC but I will continue to work on that now.

1 Like

That’s likely a caching issue, as discussed here:

1 Like

I believe we were planning to change to an auto-building process that creates a new image for each version when it gets released. I’m unsure whether that’s completed yet, so have asked internally, and will update the docs if it has.

In the meantime, it should still work to install 1.0.0.beta5 and just run the update process to get to 1.0.0.beta9 :slight_smile:

Hello,

I’m in the process of testing the new Beta Companion.

My use required me to make changes to the host system. I am using the Raspberry Pi to perform some actions that are not related to the ROV.

I cannot find any documentation as to the password for ‘ssh pi@192.168.2.2’. Is there a password for the PI user?
If so, where would I find it?

Thanks for your help.

Mark Kozikowski

Hi,

Is the default raspberry password, raspberry

thanks,

hello everyone, I’ve been testing the beta versions for a few weeks now and it’s impressive at the speed it’s going but, I have a problem this beta version is supposed to work on raspberry 3b+ and pi 4, but I can’t get it to work on my raspberry pi 4 b, I install everything without problems, but apparently neither the camera nor the pixhawk recognized me, I tried several versions of the beta, but it does not solve it, I am attentive to any help, thanks

Hi @seba, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Glad to hear it! :slight_smile:

Not sure what’s happening there - as far as I know we haven’t had any issues with RPi 4 not working.
A couple of questions:

• Are the camera and pixhawk not being detected by BlueOS, or are they not appearing in QGroundControl at the surface computer?
  • Are the surface computer network settings the same as when you’re using it with the RPi 3B+ (MAVLink and the camera stream both go via UDP, which may be blocked on your computer by a firewall)?

Hi @seba,

We did a new image release for 1.0.0-beta.14, you can download it from the release or from our documentation.
This image is a release candidate for the Linux OS, let us know if you find any problems.

• it is the BlueOS that does not recognize the devices and therefore neither does Qgroundcontrol,

• The problem does not happen to me with the raspberry pi 3b+, using the same computer and configuration, so I think it may be a problem with the raspberry pi 4, which requires some manual configuration or something like that

I was running into similar issues and I looked deeper into it. I have 2 RPi 4 and one works and one doesnt. One of them is 2GB in RAM (the one that works with USB devices) and the other is 4GB in RAM (the one that does not detect any USB devices). When I do a clean install of standard Rasbian, the Pi detect all the USB devices perfectly fine on both model.

Hope this insight helps.

If I’m remembering correctly there were some issues with a previous image not being able to properly detect USB ports, but I believe that was fixed a while ago. It should hopefully work to flash on the new image Patrick linked to (instead of updating to it), but please let us know if that doesn’t solve the issue :slight_smile:

Hello!

You are right, I just tested it with new firmware burned (not updated from webUI) and it worked flawlessly!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi:
Actually I don’t know very well what the underlying problem was, but with the latest beta 15 update, I solved the problem, and now it recognizes the USB elements without any problem, thanks for the help

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: QGroundControl Not Recording Video

B.E.T.A has ended, check out BlueOS stable public release

2 Likes