Blue ROV 2 build

Hi Jacob

the forum wont allow wont allow me to post the parameters file.

Ok, try changing the extension to .txt, or you can email the parameters and logs to support@bluerobotics.com.

-Jacob

As promised a link to my first video, working on better editing software to combine go pro and Rov footage in better quality, but not too bad for just now.

Hi

I have updated the pixhawk but the data you are getting now is from the pre update. I only have a very shallow test bucket just now but as soon as i enable depth hold it verts down very hard, i can slow it but not stop it with the joystick control. Stabilised mode i can not vert up or down.

Log file attached

Thanks

Scott

Hi

Our first survey task using Blue Rov 2 was completed this week with 2 surveys. One was at a depth of around 40meters and the Rov performance was outstanding to say the least.

The Client is very pleased with the results.

Hoping to dive a couple of wrecks I know of with it when the weather gets warmer. Water temperature was only 8-9 degrees.

More videos to follow.

Scott, that’s great to hear! I’d love to see the videos.

-Rusty

Hi Guys,

I am having identical issues with the stabilize and hold mode. Also missing temperature reading.

In all other areas the BlueROv2 has performed perfectly.

Cheers

Kjell

Kjell,

Please see this post https://discuss.bluerobotics.com/t/ardusub-bug-fix/.

Scott had to update his firmware.

-Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the swift reply.

I´ve seen that post, but havent tried it yet. Will get that done and let you know.

Thanks

Kjell,

The internal temperature can be found in the SCALED_PRESSURE item, and the external temperature can be found in the SCALED_PRESSURE2 item from the MAVLink Inspector. You find the MAVLink inspector from the Widgets menu at the top of the QGroundControl window.

-Jacob

Thanks Jacob,

Kjell

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay in getting a sample of the survey footage from our sea bed survey, i have not had time to get the ROV back in the water since this job. I do have plans to explore 2-3 small wrecks i know off in the near future weather permitting.

Here is the clip

Hi

I have a little time to go back and try and get the advanced electronics package to work after you sent through the new SD card.

I am getting Coms and everything seems to be working, The only issue is i cant seem to get the HD Camera to work, is there any settings i need to change in the software or i am missing something , is it just plug and play? should it just output in ground control?

I aim to explore a cool wreck between Chrismas and new year weather permitting videos to follow. I would like to shoot it in HD if we can get the camera to output.

Many thanks

Scott

@Scott - The video should output directly in QGC with no additional setup. There are a few things to check first:

1. Is your host computer set to the IP address 192.168.2.1?

2. Does your host computer have a firewall turned on?

3. The camera cable is a bit finicky so it could be installed improperly.

4. Also check the “console” in QGC (click the “Q” icon and then choose Console on the left). Check for any error messages related to video.

If none of those help than I can provide some other troubleshooting step!

-Rusty

Hi Rusty

Thanks for the reply yet again, I have double checked all from your list and can confirm it all is set up as per your settings. Ip settings and fire wall is off. As i said thrusters lights tilt all work just no video feed, I have checked the camera ribbon a good few times now to make sure it is seated correctly.

the QGC fault logs

[D] at :0 - “Settings location “C:/Users/west coast diving/AppData/Roaming/QGroundControl.org/QGroundControl.ini” Is writable?: true”
[D] at :0 - “Filter rules “qt.network.ssl.warning=false\n*Log.debug=false\n””
[D] at :0 - “MAVLink logs directory: “C:/Users/west coast diving/AppData/Roaming/QGroundControl.org/QGroundControl/MAVLinkLogs””
[D] at :0 - “Map Cache in: “C:/Users/west coast diving/AppData/Local/cache/QGCMapCache300” / “qgcMapCache.db””
[D] at :0 - “Orphaned log file count 0”
[D] at :0 - “LinkManager mavlinkStatus 0x11e405c 1 2”
[D] at :0 - “Temp log “C:/Users/west coast diving/AppData/Local/Temp/FlightData184229.mavlink” false”

Thanks

Scott

Hi Scott, I have two things I would like you to check.

In QGroundControl, there is a setting for which port to check for video. That is at the bottom of the general setup page. Make you have selected ‘UDP Video Stream’ for source, and 5600 for the port. These are the default settings. You will have to restart QGroundControl for changes to those settings to take effect.

If you still don’t have any video, ssh into the raspberry pi, and type the following:

‘sudo screen -r video’

Copy and paste the output here. If you see an error message, you probably have a problem with the physical connection of the camera. If you see something about pipeline PLAYING, then everything is okay on the raspberry pi side of things.

-Jacob

Hi Jacob

Good news I followed your guide and we have a camera :slight_smile: not sure if it was any settings as they all seemed to be set as per your screen shot, The only thing was the camera Ribbon cable was a bit slack. I have fitted a trimmed down strip of electrical tape to the back of it and it feels more snug in there now.

Many thanks again guys , your product support is second to none!

Only video of pictures to follow from now on. :slight_smile:

Hi Jacob!

I been having some problems with the video as well and I end up here. The thing is I use the Raspbian SD card from my first unit and everything seems to work just fine. I put the SD card with the last build and I have everything working except video.

I did the ‘sudo screen -r video’ and I got the next message “There is no screen to be resumed matching video”.

Is there anything else should I be configuring on the .img?

(The setting on the QGC are just like the Screenshot you uploaded)

Thanks in advance!

Cristian,

Please ssh into the raspberry pi and first type:

‘sudo screen -ls’

press enter, then type:

‘/home/pi/companion/RPI2/Raspbian/start_video.sh’

press enter again. Copy and paste the output here.

-Jacob