Bar30 on Nvidia Jetson Nano

Hello, I’m part of a student team that is building an AUV using the Bar30 depth sensor. We’re using an Nvidia Jetson Nano board as our computer, and are trying to get the depth sensor connected and working. Our issue is that we cannot detect the bar30 on either I2C bus on the Jetson.

We’ve verified that the busses are working, as we can detect an IMU on both using the i2cdetect command, and can read from it using c++ code.

A team member has said that they have gotten the bar30 working on a Raspberry Pi, but they are working to confirm this now.

I have seen reverences to using a level converter to use the sensor with an Arduino, but from what I have seen, it doesn’t look like it is needed with the Jetson Nano. We have not done any specific setup of the Jetson’s I2C busses, or anything like that, and have tried powering the bar30 from both 3.3 and 5v power.

Our ultimate goal is to read from a sensor from a python script, and communicate the readings through ROS.

If anyone can offer any suggestions as to how to move forward, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hello,

It should work fine with I2C logic voltages between 2.5 - 3.6 volts, no level converter required.
How are you trying to detect it?
I’d try checking the signals with an oscilloscope and maybe slowing down the bus or shortening the i2c wires.

Our issue is that we cannot detect the bar30 on either I2C bus on the Jetson.We’ve verified that the busses are working, as we can detect an IMU on both using the i2cdetect command, and can read from it using c++ code.

i2cdetect does not work with the bar30.

use i2cdump.
https://discuss.bluerobotics.com/search?q=i2cdump

Hi Jacob,

Using i2cdump worked, and we were able to get the sensor working after detecting it.

Thanks!

2 Likes