Jetson Nano with Bar02

Hello,

We are working on an AUV project and we want to connect out jetson nano’s i2c pins directly with the Bar02 pressure sensor, Can anyone help regarding the same? If someone could guide us through the process it would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi Debu -
You’d want to connect SLC pin of the jetson to the SLC of the Bar02, as well as SDA to SDA and 3.3V & GND.
To see if the device is communicating, run at the terminal:

apt update && apt install -y i2c-tools

To list devices connected to the bus, by address, run:

i2cdetect -y 1

If you consult your sensor’s documentation, you should find its default address listed. For example, 4 discrete devices are connected in this output:

You should then be able to follow the steps in this guide to run a python script and access the data.

Hi Anthony,
I did run those commands but under bus 1, I’m not able to find any devices connected but in bus 2 I find 50 and 57 , I have connected the GPIO pins 1,3,5,6 of the jetson to the sensors, which according to this website( NVIDIA Jetson Nano J41 Header Pinout - JetsonHacks) corresponds to bus 1. Could please guide on what could be going wrong?

Can you share a picture of your wire connections? It is important to keep I2C wires as short as possible. Are you using header pins to make the connection?
The address of the Bar02 should be 76, I believe those are other devices on the jetson - i2c bus 2 is not broken out for user connections. This tutorial seems to use both bus 0 or bus 1, maybe you could try on bus 1?