Ardusub Simulation

Hello,
I am trying to make the bluerov2 autonomous i.e without any tether cables and only controlling it through a node(laptop). Therefore, I wanted to know about simulators where I can simulate the Bluerov in an environment and test my python modules. I know that there is an SITL and gazebo simulator out there. Can anyone please tell me how to go about it ?
Also, I am using a Windows platform and I develop my modules on Visual Studio. Do I need to install some software on my laptop to run the simulation?
I can see SITL in a folder inside the raspberry pi on the Bluerov. But dont know how to run the simulation.

You will find some information about sitl and gazebo on these forums, and on the ardupilot documentation.

You will need to have python and ardupilot on your computer to run sitl, as well as some other dependencies if you are on windows.

Where do you see SITL on the pi?

There is SITL inside the dronekit folder.
I have successfully set up sitl in my windows platform and it runs perfectly. Next, I want to run gazebo but I could only find instructions for the Linux platform. Can I run simulate using gazebo and sitl on windows platform?

Hello,
I have installed sitl simulator and mavproxy on my windows platform.

While in the BlueROV , I add new modules to usr/local/lib/Python.2.7…MavProxy/modules and then have to execute setup.py build install --user to make the new modules work. But I am not able to find any modules folder in the Mavproxy folder in windows. How do i test the new modules in the sitl simulator ?

Thank you.

You should develop your new modules in the source directory, then run setup.py to install them. You should not place your modules into the installation directory manually. The same goes for Windows. Download the source code to your Documents folder or somewhere convenient, and put your modules in the modules folder of the source code. Run setup.py in the source code folder to install your modules.