Adjusting GOP settings for camera output

Hello Guys,

I know we can adjust the frame rate on the web interface but I was wondering where I can adjust the GOP settings?

What is the default settings for the camera output?

Thank you,
E.

@jwalser Any idea on this?

All of the adjustable settings are exposed on the camera page. The camera does not provide an interface for this.

Do you know what the basic GOP setting are?

I am not certain. I can look at some diagnostics, though. Is there anything in particular you want to know? May I ask why you need this information?

Hello,

I am programming a video recorder that can record basically anything and generate overlay.

I am able to record IP cameras and now the BR2 camera but I need to know the relation between the key frame and frame rate in order to synch the timecode.

Example: if I am using 25FPS and GOP 50 (1 key frame every 50 frames), I know I am 2 seconds out in my timecode.

This is because I record a stream that I have not started myself and I am recording in native format.

You should be able to determine the type of frame when you decode it and dynamically determine the key frame interval.

Yeah but I just thought you guys might have a quick answer since you set it up…

I don’t always have the ROV besides me to run some tests.

gstreamer has handled this for us, I’ve never had to deal with these parameters.

You can find the keyframe interval using ffprobe, I can try this later on…

Its fine, I use ffprobe also. I thought it would be a quick answer.

Do you guys use ffmpeg to record the video?

We use gstreamer.

lol of course. sorry its 4am over here :slight_smile:

You may be interested in this branch of QGC that has support for text overlay on the recorded video file. The CPU overhead to decode/reencode the video is not practical though, and it will only keep up on high-end hardware.