A Sea of Small ROVs - 2023 Info Compilation

Hello subsea enthusiasts! We need your help :smile:

Our mission at BR is to enable the future of marine robotics and we think one of the biggest barriers in this industry is the lack of transparent information. (I think this group is very aware of this already :wink: ) We believe that this information should not be buried deep within the depths of the interweb, and that if information was more accessible, everyone in the marine robotics community would be able to learn about the options that we and our fellow technology friends have to offer. To improve that, we are working on a resource that compares the specs and pricing in different product classes. We’re starting with ROVs and will continue with comparisons of sonars, surface vehicles, motors, etc. Some of these products have information that is super easy to find, and some are more mysterious than the ever elusive redlipped batfish. It’s important to us that all the information comes directly from suppliers or publicly available (citable) sources.

We’ve already received some assistance from the community (thank you Cody Warner at Deep Trekker!) but other companies keep this information locked up like Davey Jones. If you have any treasure to share with us, please give us a shout! We’re interested in publicly available information from quotes, POs, etc in addition to supplier input.

Here is a link to what we’ve got so far - it’s still a work in progress!

7 Likes

Seadrone is another one that is in the small rov industry. They are fairly new.

Hi @rovtour! We are not morally aligned with the actions of SeaDrone’s CEO so we have chosen to not include that vehicle :smile:

3 Likes

Ah ok I got it. Well I am working on my own rovs and maybe someday one of my rovs can be on your list. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great idea. I hope to add my surface vehicle next year.

1 Like