Seaweed deflector

Here is a new design and a new printer used as well

1 Like

Love it! Now I might have to go buy a 3D printer of my own. Spally, do you have a link somewhere to your ASV project?

Blue version of Spally’s T100 Std Guards fitted onto my ship!

1 Like

Andreas,

Those look great! What 3d printing method did you use to make them? They look like they were made with a very high resolution print.

-Rusty

Rusty,

They are very nice quality indeed! I got in contact with Spally here on the forum (designer of the guards) and he helped me getting them printed. No idea what method was used I’m afraid.

Give him a shout and I’m sure he can provide more details!

//Andreas

G’Day all,

I have had numerous requests for the STL files of late so I have decided to post them on here. The are free to use by anyone for personal use. If you want to use them commercially, please let me know.

They do cause some drag but I have tried to minimise that with these designs. I also did look at making them to fit between the original nosecone and the main body of the thruster but I wanted to maximise the deflection. A square face to the direction of the water flow only captures the weed against the guard blocking water flow. By taking the grill angle out to the nose tends to push the weed to the side rather than building up in front.

Anyhow, enjoy and I am open to design suggestions/alterations.

And here is a T200 Guard that can be retro fitted to units already installed. There is no need to pass the power cable through the guard to fit this one.

2 Likes

Congratulations Spally, these guards offer a fantastic added value. May I suggest you make an arrangement with Blue Robotics in order to have them added to their product list. It would be even better if we could buy the T200 with this guard option pre-installed. Great job, thanks

@Kristiaan - That’s a good idea. I would really like to find a way to design a guard so that it will work on the T100/T200 with and without the BlueESC. Then we could invest in the tooling for an injection molded part

@Spally - These are great! Thanks for posting them. They look great on my BlueROV.

1 Like

Look good. Have you found much loss in performance?

These are wonderful and I’d like to get a couple of them made. But, they seem to have expired from the Dropbox links or something. Can you refresh them or send them to me? it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Steve

In the event you can’t get ahold of that one, try this one. Intake Guards for Blue Robotics T100 and T200 ROV Thrusters by piercet - Thingiverse

Due to me seeing my guards on a commercial project without permission, I have removed the links. If you want the files, please PM me and I will send them to you.

Shoot, that’s a bummer. Thanks for making them available when you did, they totally saved my project. I’m looking forward to seeing your future projects and hopefully you’ve had some sales on the USV you designed and built.

@piercet How was the fit on T200s with your guards? Due to the larger motor, I thought the mount came out a bit more than the T100, leaving a bit of a gap between the guard and the duct?

Seems to fit ok to me, I can always extend the ring back further if necessary since that one is my design.

Hello
May I have your nice seaweed reflector.

For our project I both design and 3D-print most of our equipment my selves :slight_smile: My printer is Rostock Max V3. I use AutoCad.

We will use the T200 with blue ESC. If you could send me the stl- or DAK-file.
Thank you and God bless :slight_smile:

I’m building up a company (ecofang as) that will harvest sea urchins, all remotely. But no income yet, just expenses. We are still in production of the high tech equipment. We’re located in Norway.

PS I don’t see how to pm in here…?

Hi Jens,

Thanks for the message. I think the PMing ability only becomes available after contributing to a number of posts. It’s a method to avoid a spammer from signing up and sending lots of messages.

-Rusty

Hello,

I’m also interested in your seaweed reflector for our project. Is there any way for me to have access to the stl files???

-Jessica

Which model?