Which battery should I choose for T200s?

I can’t meaningfully provide advice on how well T200s will carry a load without knowing the drag properties of it or the speed it needs to travel at. There are some rough example calculations here for using T200s to propel a diver in the water - I would assume a surface vessel should have quite a bit less drag, and 60kg is likely lighter than the assumptions made by diving companies for “the average diver”, so for both those reasons your vessel should be able to go faster (or go for longer, if driven slower) than the results determined there.

It’s also worth noting that a vessel with a sail can gets some velocity from the wind, whereas the calculations I linked to are for only the propulsion provided by the thrusters.

Assuming the energy capacity is enough for your desired combination of speed and runtime, my main concern with a lead-acid battery would be the extended discharge current capacity. You would need to make sure to get a “leisure” battery (for extended current supply) rather than a “starter” one (only for brief bursts of current), and you would also need to make sure the battery can supply the high levels of current needed to run thrusters for the time-periods you’re expecting.

1 Like