After having build a few drones, (6 in total, but domestic pressures led to selling 3), and an autonomous Hexapod - one of my good friends has challenged me build something to explore the great harbour full of islands and reefs that sits on our doorstep.
This has led to a lot of research over recent months. There are of course lots of choices, but I’m continually drawn back to Blue Robotics.
- I love the look of the T100/200 thrusters
- The ROS package is another attraction. Having spent some time getting my head around ROS for my Hexapod, I'm keen to put that learning into practice with my next project.
- The maneuverability of the ROV kit is impressive
Two parts I’m still a little uncertain on are:
- The best type of tether cable. I'm thinking industrial, stranded Cat5e.
- The hardware for the controller. Probably Rpi2 and a PWM cape to control the ESC's and connect sensors.
Auckland, New Zealand