Home        Store        Docs        Blog

Thruster PWM parameters

(Satyam Ambast) #1

I want to change the parameter file to set the min and max pwm for thrusters connected to main output(1-6) of pixhawk. I couldn’t find this problem posted here and it’s just a simple issue but I couldn’t fully understand the documentation. It’s be really helpful if someone could provide an insight to it.
Thanks!

0 Likes

(Patrick José Pereira) #2

Hi,

There is a parameter list with descriptions in our website.
Check MOT_PWM_MAX and MOT_PWM_MIN, probably that’s what you are looking for.

0 Likes

(Jacob) #3

@patrickelectric unfortunately… there is a bug with your suggestion: https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/10488

0 Likes

(Jacob) #4

@SatyamAmbast Why do you want to limit the outputs?

You can try to decrease the pilot gain input with the joystick buttons, or set a current limit as a workaround.

0 Likes

(Satyam Ambast) #5

We are working with limited current and need to make it so that the thrusters don’t drain too much current. It’d be preferable if maximum pwm can be limited by software. So I assume the gain_inc and gain_dec buttons are what you’re talking about. How can setting the gain to 25% affect the pwm applied at full throttle.

0 Likes

(Willian Galvani) #6

Hi,
A 25% gain will scale down all pilot inputs to 25%. You can still get some higher outputs in stabilize or depth hold mode depending on the circumstances.

1 Like