Home        Store        Docs        Blog

The speed of motor

(wdodo) #1

when placing the thrusters in the air ,I usual use a Manual Photoelectric Digital Speed Meter to test the speed of thrusters,but when placing under the water,the machine cant work ,so,how can I test the speed for the working thruster

(Rusty) #2

Hi wdodo,

There are other types of brushless motor RPM sensors including some that connect to a motor wire and count the pulses going to the thruster.

Here’s one from HobbyKing:

-Rusty

(Rusty) #3

Hi wdodo,

There are other types of brushless motor RPM sensors including some that connect to a motor wire and count the pulses going to the thruster.

Here’s one from HobbyKing:

-Rusty

(wdodo) #4

hi Rusty
Yes, I brought a similar one to test the speed,but the result is wrong 。for exemple,pwm from 1500-2000,when in 1700,there has 4000RPM,but when in 2000rpm,there has 3500RPM,when i use a manual Photoelectric Digita Speed Meter,3500RPM is true answer。In other word,the machine is effective in full scale。。
Please forgive me my poor English

(Rusty) #5

Hi wdodo,

Okay, I’m not sure what might be wrong. We don’t have too much experience with either of these devices, unfortunately.

-Rusty

(Enrique) #6

Hi wdodo,

Maybe the readings of your speed meter are showing multiples of the real speed. What type of speed meter are you using? I have seen this behavior when using stroboscopic lamps.