Temperature Sensors

using some blue robotics products for non ROV applications. Looking to integrate water temperature into a system I’ve built with everything else running in windows 10. Anyone here had any success reading temperatures out this way via BR’s provided sensors?

Hi @Chair_T, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Our Celsius Temperature Sensor communicates via the I2C protocol. If you’ve got an Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or similar board that includes I2C support you should be able to communicate using one of the libraries linked to in the Technical Details section. Our other combined Pressure+Temperature sensors are similar, although note that the Bar02 and Bar30 aren’t intended for extended submersion (they need to be fully dried daily).

Assuming you have a computer without I2C support, you may need to get an I2C to USB converter/adaptor/module (terminology depends on supplier), after which the communication should hopefully be similar.

so something like this https://www.amazon.ca/Roadiress-FT200XD-Interface-Converter-Adapter/dp/B09HHDTN47/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=usb+to+i2c+adapter&qid=1641826948&sr=8-8 would work as an interface. an arduino board might take up a bit more space than I’d like.