Sonar Drop Cam PoE Issues

Hi there William,
I really appreciate you getting back so quickly with a response.
I’ve just rigged the system with some fairly beefy 2 core marine cable. I’d guess at about 60 meters just as a wee test. Anyway, there was zero voltage drop using this with 16V and 4.4A. I did piggyback the comms over this pair and I am getting video but QGC said awaiting connection.

I had been working on the basis of this response to a question titled Drop/Handheld/Mounted Cam Project back in November 2017 from Rusty -

"Hi Mark,

We haven’t done much with PoE, but you can send power in parallel with the Fathom-X boards if you are interested. For instance, you can have a two-wire tether to the camera and connect those two wires to the Fathom-X terminal as well as the 12v power. That would allow you to accomplish the same thing but with a smaller cable.

-Rusty"

Looking at the drawings of the job for which this is being built, it looks like I might get away with a 35M tether. If I can piggyback the comms does this sound like it might be a goer?
I am looking at ordering a bespoke tether for the job but I’d like to exhaust all avenues first.

Thanks again,
Andrew.