In the Blue Robotics spirit of being open source and sharing projects in the marine robotics space I decided to help those who have the motivation and determination to modify and expand the BlueROV2.
Attached are the STL files containing the parts for internal mechanical assemblies I designed for a few different ROV electronics enclosures. The parts were 3D printed and assembled with tiny and large screws, which you’ll have to order them online, unless you can find a store with screws like these.
I also attached images of the assemblies together and with electronic components I mounted on them for my thesis project. The images give the viewers an idea of what features the mechanical assembly offers.
This assembly was designed to slip in and out of a 300 mm (2” Series) enclosure. The rear extension piece isn’t useful unless you’re planning to mount the enclosure vertically.
Two included features are that the rear rib can be screwed on to a BR 2” series O-Ring Flange using the holes and an Arduino Nano can be screw on to the rear plate.
Center rib v15.stl (31.9 KB)
Front plate v20.stl (23.7 KB)
Front rib v13.stl (36.8 KB)
Rear extension for header pin connectors v3.stl (55.6 KB)
Rear plate with nano fitting v3.stl (45.6 KB)
Rear rib v13.stl (64.7 KB)
Four included features are the following:
- The rear rib can be screwed on to a BR 3” series O-Ring Flange using the holes
- Has space for an Arduino Uno can be mounted on it and a customizable circuit board
- Front rib has a landing that a small camera, like a Raspberry Pi NoIR Camera V2, mounted on a servo motor and bracket, could be mounted on.
- Designed to slip in and out of a 222 mm (3” Series) enclosure.
Three included features are the following:
- Has space for an Arduino Mega, Raspberry Pi, and a customizable circuit board to be mounted on to
- Rear rib has a landing that was designed for an OpenROV interface board and Tenda P200 homeplug. It will require some investigation and re-designing for a BR Fathom-X Tether Interface Board to fit on it.
- Designed to slip in and out of a 298 mm (3” Series) enclosure.