ROV-Training with a nice find

Live and let dive… Water is too cold for me to go diving only just for fun. So I sent my ROV down for training and I find a nice historical piece.

By the way: take a look at the compass. It’s spinning around all the time. No chance to use stabilize mode.

4 Likes

Nice video and dive - be interested to know if your compass issue was just for this dive or a more common problem?

Hi Bill,
welcome to our community! This issue occures from time to time without any obvious reason. Mostly it can be fixed by reset the vehicle by QGC.

1 Like

Hi @BillyBudd, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

There were compass spinning issues in ArduSub 4.0, but they should be fixed in ArduSub 4.1 except in cases where there’s a poor gyroscope calibration, or a faulty gyroscope. See this thread for some additional discussion.

@schleitauche since this thread has now been bumped I’ve edited your post to embed the youtube video directly, so people can view it without needing to leave the forum.

I particularly enjoyed the shot of the ROV through the ice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The water can’t be that cold if it’s still a liquid… :wink: The coldest I have scuba dived in is 36 F (2.22 C) for my drysuit class, and that was quite an experience.

@schleitauche
How did you get the video quality to be so good? Do you know what your tether network speeds are?

I haven’t experienced the compass issue myself.

1 Like

Thank You! Just took delivery of my BlueRov2 and putting it together now. Very impressed with the quality of the components, materials and instructions and looking forward to contributing to these forums soon :+1:

1 Like