Positive pressure pump

Since detecting leaks can be cumbersome, it would be nice to change your pump to one that can provide negative or positive pressure for detecting air bubbles in a tub.

Hi Etienne,

This is a clever idea. We would also need to retain the end-caps better so that the positive pressure doesn’t push them off. We are working on a solution for that across our whole watertight enclosure line, so I think this would be a practical thing to do eventually.

-Rusty

1 Like

Sorry if this is a bit vague

Perhaps this could be integrated with a leak detection system similar to the underwater camera housings

I can’t remember what UW housing system does it (the vague part) but I am sure there is one where you turn on the circuit and then preform a negative pressure test prior to the dive and once passed you can also put a slight positive pressure into the housing and this positive pressure is monitored for decay (temperature compensated) and a warning is given if the pressure falls below a level similar to the negative pressure decay warnings in this, this and this

Scott

A bit late to the thread, but a very simple solution is to have the standard brass adapter attached to 50cm rubber hose, attach this to the housing and simply blow into the hose, thus creating the positive pressure required, (do not blow to hard!) Using “snoop” (soapydetergent and water) in a spray bottle, spray around the M10 nuts/compound and any leaks will bubble, even with the smallest of positive pressure.

We have found this an easier way to locate leaks, and pinpoint exactly where the failure is.

Do not forget, that both enclosures must be sealed, we have noted numerous times that pressure can escape very slowly through the power cable, and this will signify a leak when no leak is present.

We can upload a picture of the set up, if you require.

Thanks

Deep.supplies

4 Likes

Nosotros hicimos prueba de estanqueidad en la botella de la baterĂ­a y perdĂ­amos la presiĂłn.
al final nos dimos cuenta que se perdĂ­a la estanquidad por el interior del cable de alimentaciĂłn