Ping Sensor Beam profile

Is there a beam profile available for the Ping sensor so we can understand the side lobes?

1 Like

Hi @Mike234234, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’m aware we were working on one late last year, but I’m unsure if it’s been finalised. I’ve asked internally, and will get back to you once I’ve got a response :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any luck with this? Our report is due at the end of the month, so I am trying to plan ahead.

I haven’t got a response yet unfortunately. I’ve just sent another message to the two engineers who are most likely to know the status, in case my original message got missed.

Good to know - I’ll keep at it.

By the way, is the report something you’d be able and willing to share? I’m curious what it’s about and what it includes :slight_smile:

Following up on this, I got a response from our primary sonar development engineer:

Seems like we’re unlikely to have tangible measurements in time for your report due date, and given you would presumably want some time to look at/analyse the beam profile it’s unfortunately best to assume we won’t be able to provide that in time, sorry!

Feel free to follow up if there’s anything else we can help with :slight_smile:

Thank for your help. I’m not sure what I’ll be able to publicly disclose, but if the project gets to the next phase, we would likely get you more involved.

1 Like