Oil compensators

…got boored one day so i started with this;)

…so im lookimg forward to try :wink: …a Little overpreassure doesnt hurt…:wink: …original compensators are at 700 dollars, this… 1,5 dollar;)…the Gas pump is a reliable one, but no overpreassure. :wink: …Yes it will look different but this is the system how it works;) Simple;)

1 Like

I’ll be interested to see the evolution of this project!

1 Like

…will keep you posted :wink:

I’ve seen these used as compensators before. Solder sucker. go figure?!
solder%20sucker%20bulb

1 Like

solder sucker? what is that? …aaa a sucker for soldering? never seen theese;):grin: …and what systems did you see them on… i thought i was the first with that one… while buying the syringe, i saw this" female claner" but felt that tooo much:))))

Piston style in an aluminum tube would be pretty easy as long as you can get the piston to stay sealed.

1 Like

de-soldering bulb.
I saw them on an early ROV from Shark Marine. sharkmarine.com Probably 20 years ago?? Was used on their thrusters.

Desoldering%20bulb

1 Like

Also good for sucking the boogers out of a kid’s nose. :smile:

1 Like

Hahahaha :wink: …but i guess it worked since they used it so im on the right path;)

Aluminium, plastic doesnt mater bec the pressure is the same inside as outside :wink: …i wont make them to heavy… i really want them i som kind of plastic… and if you see the syringe… a o ring and a piston you are there… if you have 1 bar overpressure your ok;) …and if you get a leak,well you have the time to recover and all the electronics still work;) …think the water ingress detectors will still work in Tellus 22;)

I did it all so simple. I have used a rubber sleeve. In one end I have a lid with BR vent plug. In the other end is the hose connecting to the electronic enclosure. The sleeve makes the over-pressure at you inflate it with oil. The whole thing costed less than 50 bucks.

1 Like

…how do you get overpreassure?

Its very simple. Hold i vertical when you fill it. It streches. The strain in the rubber create a force. I have 0.4 bar overpressure

1 Like

Nice, 0.4 is good enough :wink: …but im not quite done about the spring comp… kind of got driven by the 600 dollar Kystdesign… ;))

Overpressure is easily increased to 0.5 bar or. Higher. I found 0.4 to sufficient as it puts quite some force on the endcaps, more than 100KgF on my 8"

1 Like

1 Like

My i ask, where did you buy?:wink: Hehehe please say Biltema;))…i like your design ;)…are your boyancy coated? my 1000m?;D is soon going to the cnc;)

Its biltema :smiley:

1 Like

Love it :wink: what section?;DD

…No point in buildong somehting that works :wink: Tnx Øystein ;)(how deep have you been?:wink: