Ocean Secrets ROV proyect

Hi everyone. I present the new ROV developed by Ocean Secrets ( http://oceansecrets.es ), based on the components of http://ww.bluerobotics.com and the invaluable help of this forum.

Characteristics:

-Heavy frame eight thrusters
-IP 4k varifocal camera system with focus and zoom control on the joystcik
-New configuration of thrusters, leaving all the lower space of the ROV free, with space for three 4" watertight enclosure.
-Fast on-off ignition system, with 80A relay system, in 3" watertight enclosure with space for 18000mah batteries from bluerobotics
-9000 mah batteries (developed for our usual use of short dives)
-More paid load thanks to buaynacy foam of polyurethane (density 250kgr / m3), CNC machined and coated with epoxy resin and two-component polyurethane paint.
-Stern protection to avoid snagging in ROV recovery.

Photos ROV:

Photos fast on-off ignition system and 9000mah batteries:

Links to videos of test IP 4k varifocal camera system with focus and zoom control on the joystcik (download the videos to see in optimum quality):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oLGYFJiLKDaPZxA3b5NLK1aSz2fj1YCT

Soon I will upload some underwater video, I haven’t had time to edit any videos yet, but the cualtity it´s excelent!!

Photos mount camera system and electronic config:

Link to video solidworks ROV proyect:

I hope you like the project!!

Regards

15 Likes

Very slick, love the foam fairing

2 Likes

Beautiful design!
What are the overall dimentions?
Makes me want to get a CNC router.

2 Likes

Looking very nice. Congrats

1 Like

Hi Nathan Perry,

Thanks for your opinion! The overall dimensions are 537 x 294 x 394 mm (length x height x width).

Regards

Great looking ROV, love the foam and neat tether arrangement.
Did you strip down a 4k security IP camera or purchase it in stripped down form - looks exactly what I’ve been planning to do - do you mind telling me what camera you used?

2 Likes

Superb !!

1 Like

Hi mathew

Thanks for the comment!! I use a 4k IP module, you can find different models on aliexpress, 12 mp, 8 mp, 5 mp and different motorized lenses. My model is 8 mp but it depends on the use you are going to give it and your needs, so I recommend that you choose the one you like best on aliexpress. All have an economic price and give good results.

Regards

Thanks for the information, yes the AliExpress ones look interesting. Time for some experiments.

1 Like

Awesome build!

Have you got some seatrials?
I am courious If the water squash from having the thrusters mounted on same level as the camera.

Mikkel

1 Like

Hi Mikkel,

I’ve already been able to do some tests with the ROV, and it has very good underwater control with the propellers on the same axis as the camera. The propeller movement does not affect the image and I think the image quality is quite good.

Attached video of the first dive, it is important to download the video to see it in full quality. The image is a little greenish because there was a strong phytoplankton bloom. But you can appreciate the quality equally.

Regards

2 Likes

The video is very clear! What camera do you use?

Hello it´s a great project, but I have a question. Did not give you problems the bandwidth due to the resolution? Or in any case how did you handle it?

I suppose he use a dedicated Fathom X for the IP camera…
on this image i can see 2 of them:

Maybe is using 2 twisted pairs, one for Data communication an one for IP camera.
Andreas, is this correct?

1 Like

Hi Lorenzo and Roberto,

Indeed I use a Fathom X dedicated to the IP camera. But I only use one twisted pair, that is, two fathom X on the ROV and one on the surface. In other words, the communication of the camera and the ROV is carried out on a twisted pair.

On the other hand, I use another twisted pair to control the zoom and focus with the ROV’s own joystick.

Regards

1 Like

I leave you a video of the operation of the equipment after 6 months of testing. We are very happy with the result.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GybBJlcHE_olWHHs2zo5PnNrpHlYXSSC/view?usp=drivesdk

I recommend downloading the video to watch with quality

2 Likes

Thank you, you have helped me a lot

1 Like