Does anybody have any suggestions for solving the following situation:
- laptop with Ubuntu 20.04 and QGroundControl 4.1.6
- Companion Software 0.30 and ArduSub 4.0.3
- network connection has been set up with IP 192.168.2.1 and netmask 255.255.255.0 (verified by
ip address show)
- we can
pingthe pi on 192.168.2.2
- we can
sshinto the pi and ping ourselves back on 192.168.2.1
- all services (video, mavproxy, etc.) are running according to the system page and both the camera and the pixhawk are shown as detected devices
screen -ron the video and mavproxy processes is not showing any obvious errors
- mavproxy options are the default options
- all options in QGroundControl are as they came (auto-connecting to UDP, video port 5600)
But QGroundControl is not connecting. We don’t see a video and it says “disconnected” at the top. Did we miss a step somewhere?
We have successfully connected this ROV to another (Windows) laptop before but will need to use the Ubuntu laptop on this occasion.
Edit: Our IT team, who set up the laptop, set up a firewall without telling us.
sudo ufw disable solved the problem. *facepalm