Home        Store        Learn        Blog

New SUP project 2x T200

After three years and, more than 100 hours in sea, and a lot of fun, the first T200 failed.

I would like to upgrade the project by the summer.
The plan with two T200:

• electronic stearing
  • locked direction
    maybe
  • locked position

The first 3D printed fin worked very well. 3D printed fin for T200
The second fin will carry two T200 that are turned inward by five degrees.

1 Like

Thrusters need to be moved further forward. The weight is quite large and there is no need to move back so much. Before printing a new model, it will be good enough to check if the inward inclination of 5 degrees is large enough to maneuver. Maneuvering is meant to be able to resist wind and minor waves from the side.
The Arduino Nano is ready to control the Ardupilot. It is programmed with a joystick, a kill switch and a 3-way selector switch (Ardupilot Auto, Loiter and Acro mode).

Have you considered using your original design and just install 2 fin boxes on each side of your existing center fin box… you know the design works and fin boxes are cheap … I like the idea though
What was your speed on one motor?
Expected top speed with 2? Thanks frank

This is out of the question because it would have to destroy the glass cloth and epoxy. The fin box could not be installed because the structure is closed.
Speed with one T200 is here T200 on fishing SUP - #16 by e-sup
I don’t know the expected speed with 2 x T200.
More essential than speed is the ability to drive straight and an electronic anchor. Whether this is possible remains to be seen.
I will write about electronics here SUP with electronic stearing - Rover 4.0 - ArduPilot Discourse

Fin version two is a little firmer and has a smaller profile. The model has 100% infill, total consumption 550g PLA including support.

Very cool. What was the print time for that? I find myself frequently debating between sending parts like that to a printer or taking the time to make the CAM toolpaths needed to mill starboard on the CNC.

The printing time was 11 hours and three days.