My build with some minor adjustments

Think you Will loose a lot of the downview perspective from the HD cam with this setup. Think it would be better to have it pulled into the frame. I like to see that you have used threaded rods on the enclosures :blush::+1:

1 Like

I posted some tips on how to build your own topside controller on our website:

http://marinesimulation.com/custom-hand-controller-design/

2 Likes

Hey @SHS

That was totally correct now im designing camera mount behind the frame. Thanks for the threaded rods tip ;D

Regards,
Luis Gamez

1 Like

Here is a few pictures of my new controlbox. I am really happy with it and the BR2 is even more stabile to operate instead of using the gamepad. I developed this together with a local tech i Norway. One of the thing i like most with it is to be able to control the camera on top of the stick. It is not a “lowcost” project, but you will get what you pay for i guess…

7 Likes

Me podriqs enviar uno a chile que sea compatible con el blue rov 2

I dont understand your laungage, but this controller is made specific for the BlueROV2.

1 Like

hey @shs

Do you have a link for those buttons, I´ve been trying to find something similar please.

Regards.
LG

Sorry, i dont have that.

Ordered the kit two days ago and installed it today in Norway. the installation was a straight forward easy job. Have not tested it in the water yet, but that will be the task for tomorrow.

3 Likes

Can you share what type of slipring you are using?
If possible please include the web page.
Thanks Fazd

Hi @Fazdli
i have used this one, but think many other does the job as well.

Good luck with building e tether reel.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/736-Adafruit-Industries-Slip-Ring-With-Flange-22mm-Dia-/132102099105?hash=item1ec1e610a1

Did a upgrade on the sonar side today. This is a Sonavision mercury from UK.
To compensate on lost bouancy i replaced the battery enclosure with a longer and will propebly have to move some weights to the other side. This is a nice way to use the trusterholes if you have upgraded it.

2 Likes

Svein, cool! That’s an awesome approach to integrating the sonar. We’re playing around with some similar ideas to be able to put a scanning sonar in one of the front fairings and compensating for the lost buoyancy. I’m curious to know how the sonar work at that height. I think the beam might be tall enough to get a bit of a reflection from the right side panel of the ROV.

Nice set up.

Just want to show the new machined buoyancy foam compared to the old one. Have not tested if the stability has been increased, but i assume it has.

I would like to share a minor adjustment i did that made a good improvement on the camera position in the frontdome. I fliped the camera braket 180 degree on the servo and mounted the camera in front of the bracket and covered it with textile.
I get a better view and it will not focus on fog if you will have some in the some.
I would suggest that @rjehangir come up with a camera braket that moved the camera approx 30-40mm forward to get closer to the dome.