Mount Switch. I need electronics guide

I would like more information or a guide on how to mount the switch. I found only how to install the button on the flange but no information on how it goes connected to the electronics of the BlueRov

Hi @sigane17,

The Switch is only rated for 5A, it doesn’t have a high enough current rating to support being a primary on/off switch for the BlueROV2.

Here is a previous discussion on the subject and what modifications would be needed: BR switch as a battery disconnect

Thanks, but I want to mount it without further modification and only turn off the electronics when I do a mission and avoid disconnecting the battery repeatedly. I noticed that if I leave the battery inserted and move from one observation point to another, the ROV overheats a lot and gives me a temperature alarm. Does turning off the Pixhawk electronics, Fathom board, Raspberry solve the problem?

I understood that I have to make a bridge with the Switch on the UBEC 5V 6A power supply but which wires? I’m not an electronics expert. If I bridge the UBEC entrance, am I right?I understood that I have to make a bridge with the Switch on the UBEC 5V 6A power supply but which wires? I’m not an electronics expert. If I bridge the UBEC entrance, am I right? A guide would be welcome to avoid causing damage

I solved, I joined the red cables coming out of UBEC and connected to the switch. I turned on the BlueRov and the internal temperature went to 50 C° in a few minutes. I switched off with the swicth, communication with the ROV is lost. Then I waited a quarter of an hour and turned it back on. I am happy and I saw that the internal temperature has dropped to 40 C°. Just what I expected

1 Like

Sorry for the handcrafted design, I hope it will be useful to someone else

1 Like