Heavy Lift Assembly - ESC's in 3 inch Enclosure

I have modified my BR2, adding two 3" inclosures for dual batteries and utilizing the other 3" enclosure as J-Box to bring power in in parallel and support rear facing camera and other accessories. I want to install the heavy lift upgrade extra two thruster ESC’s in the J-Box rather than jam into the already crowded 4" enclosure.

The question I have is about the signal wires for Thrusters 9 and 10. I obviously need the signal wires from the Pixhawk in the 4" enclosure but do I need the ground wires for them to come from Pixhawk or can I just connect to the battery ground in the 3" enclosure?

1 Like

Oops I meant thrusters 7 and 8.

It might (probably will) work with just the battery ground (like the gripper or lumen lights). If you can manage it without much extra trouble, it’s always a good idea to connect signal ground.

Thanks. Matter of wires needed between 4" and 3" houstings. I assume the signal ground from Pixhawk is common rail thus, two thrusters would only require 1 ground and 2 signals.

Doug Trail

WT Industries, LLc

Houston, Texas

832-731-7098

Hi Doug

This will work mate. We run something very similar where we have all our ESCs in another enclosure from the main 4" housing. We run a common ground for all the PWM signals over a 9 core cable direct from the Pixhawk. Works a treat.

Thanks for the feedback.

WT Industries, LLc

Houston, Texas

832-731-7098

…why dont you mold the ECS in the cable or in the housing or something?