Home        Store        Docs        Blog

Has anyone mounted a pressure washer wand/nozzle on an ROV before?

We need to pressure wash the walls inside of a water tank - just wondering if anyone has mounted a pressure washer spray wand/nozzle onto an ROV before? Other option is divers doing the pressure washing.

(Etienne Demers) #2

This is a type of HP water blaster you would normally install on an ROV: https://www.caviblaster.com/caviblaster-1030-rov

You need to power this with hydraulics.

The BR2 can’t handle it.

The only option I can think of is a surface unit with a balanced gun so you don’t get pushed off the wall.

You could try and rig a pressure washer you get in a hardware store. Some people have done it. Not sure how BR2 would handle this.

Cavitation cleaning is by far the best way.

Many thanks for the reply. From what you have said it sounds like putting one of these on the end of a surface unit and then mounting securely on the BlueROV might work with a bit of practice and adjustment.

Cavit Gun

(Etienne Demers) #4

Yeah and you would also not point it straight. Angle it about 30 degrees. This will also divert the back flow away from the ROV.

I would personally get the hand grip / trigger off and put a swivel fitting instead. Then you just build a simple bracket.

You’ll be limited by the amount of hose from the surface unit VS output pressure.

Thanks for the tip about mounting it at 30 degrees - one less bit of trial and error to solve.

Certainly would be removing the hand grip/trigger unit and putting a swivel fitting on - will make things much simpler.

We can get 20hp 4800 psi pressure washers with 30 metres of hose quite easily - hopefully the pressure loss through 30 metres of hose won’t drop the pressure lower than the minimum required to operate the cavit nozzle

(Etienne Demers) #6

I think you need about 1800psi at the nozzle.

I higher hose ID will help you. Ensure it is rated to your operated pressure.

I would have the hose end up and nozzle pointing down and outward with a bracket secured at the top of the ROV. This way you can see what you’re doing.