GoPro housing rated to 150-300m depth

Found a webpage with some nice products. Think it is time to buy and test GoPro6. Have anyone tested thiese housings?

https://dir-tec-shop.com/GoPro-housings

1 Like

Hi Svein,

We haven’t tested any of those but they look interesting. Here’s another company that does deep GoPro housings:

-Rusty

Hi @rjehangir
Just ordered a housing rated to 150m. Think the size of thiese housings are very slim and nice and perfect for the BR2.

Hi all,

We used for quite some time case from RecSea rated to 200-250 m that are still good (they were for the Gopro Hero3) and we used them on a kind of drop cam system down to 130 m.
Yesterday, I tested NIMAR case for our Hero6. The case is rated to 200m and we tested it on the BluRov2 down to 90 m without any troubles. It is a bit bulky and we need to play a bit more on the ballast adjustments but it is good, relatively cheap and because it is produced in Italy shipping fees might be cheaper for Europeans.

Cheers,

Frederic

We have been using the Isotta hero 7 go pro housing . good to 750’ and built like a tank… going to order the go pro hero 9 housing when it comes out in April.

Anyone know of a GoPro housing with a external battery built in? I have ocasionally seen some in the past but I can’t find any examples right now. I’m stuck with my Hero 4 Silver right now because it has the ‘battery backpack’ and can last 2.5 hours inside the waterproof housing. I would love to have a 4K60 camera that can last at least 2 hours and also be rated for 500 feet.
I have a Yi 4K+, but it only lasts about 45 minutes and has died multiple times while SCUBA diving before the end of the dive due to battery not being big enough.

I question. What about put the gopro in a 3" enclosure with a dome or flat end cap ?
That would give the possibility to have extra power also.